The Regions Top and most prestigious Travel and Hospitality awarding body South Asian Travel Awards has ended the 2020 Jury Evaluation of nominated properties and announced a virtual awarding ceremony.
This year, the South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) will be held virtually on December 15, 2020.
According to the SATA team, the decision to go virtual was taken after weighing all circumstances surrounding the global health crisis, particularly the challenges faced due to various international travel restrictions.
SATA 2020 Virtual Awards Ceremony received over 1,000 nominations in 52 categories for properties and brands of the Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry to compete from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka, in addition to Visitors Choice Awards and Special Recognition Awards. The judging, which was conducted by a panel of international jury members, as well as the online voting for the general public, have both come to a close.
The SATA Team unveiled the 2020 South Asian Travel Awards partners early this year at the official signing ceremony held at Maagiri Hotel. Key partners for SATA 2020 includes; Gulf Craft Maldives as Platinum Partner, The Hawks Pvt Ltd as Gold Partner, Ooredoo Maldives as Digital Partner, Crowe Maldives as Auditing Partner and Maagiri Hotel as the Hospitality Partner.
The South Asian Travel Awards has been recognising the best of South Asian travel and hospitality since 2016. The prestigious annual event honours stellar organisations and individuals in a wide array of categories, with the aim to revive and raise service standards within the region’s tourism industry. The South Asian Travel Awards is endorsed by 16 regional and international bodies for its accredited work, including:
1. Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT),
2. Association of Tourism Trade Organizations, India (ATTOI),
3. Association of Travel Agents (ATA),
4. Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC),
5. Confederation of Accredited Tour Operators (CATO),
6. Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL),
7. Hotel and Restaurant Association of Bhutan (HRAB),
8. Kerala Hotel General Manager Club (KHGMC),
9. National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM),
10. Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO),
11. Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC),
12. Nepal Tourism Board (NTB),
13. Sri Lanka Association of Inbound Tour Operators (SLAITO),
14. The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL),
15. Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA),
16. The Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO)
This year SATA celebrates its 5th year in recognizing the regions Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Industry. The previous edition being held at Amari Galle, Sri Lanka (2019), Taj Mahal Palace, India (2018), Equator Village, Maldives (2017) and Mount Lavinia Hotel, Sri Lanka (2016).